Choosing the Right Domain Name
Choosing a domain name is similar to choosing a company name it requires a lot of thought and consideration. Your domain name is your identity on the Web; you want to make sure you choose a name that not only fits your business, but is also easy to find and promote.
Registering the perfect domain name is an extremely important decision. If you choose correctly, it can help you build a brand that will stick in your customers minds and help define your target market.
Domain names impact your rank in search results. Search engines like Google try to determine what your website is about so they can list it in relevant searches. The domain is one of the first places they look for clues about your business.
But how can we choose the most suitable and correct domain for our business? Here are some tips helping you in the decision making procedure. First of all make it easy to type, keep it short, use keywords that describe your business, avoid numbers , be memorable and search it, make sure it is available.
- Make it easy to type,avoid slang/jargone
- Make it short, because otherwise you risk misspelings
- Use appropriate keywords, that best describe your business nature
- Use appropriate domain name extensions, such as .com, .net, etc. at the end of the webpage address
- Protect and build your brand to ensure your desired web name is available
- Target your area, consider including your city or state in your domain name to make it easy for local customers to find and remember
- Avoid numbers and hyphens so as to not trouble your customers and their patience
- Make it memorable, to appeal to people
- Research it well, to be sure your desired domain name is not in use, trademarked or copyrighted
- Do it Quick, because domain names sell fast!